Thursday, January 11, 2007

Haircuts and Pictures

Yesterday Tristan turned nine months old. To celebrate I took him for his first haircut. His bangs were hanging down in his eyes. I want to take him to get his picture taken so I wanted his hair to look nice. He has good hair for a nine-month-old. It's going to be thick like his Daddy's, I think, but not as dark.


Tristan hated having his hair cut. I took him to a barber shop across the street. I was the only female, besides Kennedy, and we were the only white people in there. I think the guy didn't know what to do with Tristan's straight hair. He flat-out told me that he didn't know how to use scissors. It took a long time because the barber used multiple shields on the trimmers to get it right and Tristan squirmed and cried. I felt like I was abusing him!
At nine months Tristan is still not sleeping through the night, no matter what I do. I have tried letting him cry, nursing him, just going in to comfort him, etc. Nothing works. He still wakes up. He is a terrible napper too. He takes a 30-45 minute nap in the morning and usually a 2-hour nap in the afternoon. Although, his afternoon naps have been getting worse and worse. He almost always needs an extra nap in the later afternoon. Poor kid. I know he would be much happier if he would just sleep better.

Tristan is a connoisseur of baby food. He went from exclusively nursing at 4 1/2 months to three solid meals a day at 5 months. Since then he has only really gotten the hang of graham crackers. The last week or so though I have been feeding him table food and he seems to like it now. My previous attempts have not gone so well. He is also handling the smaller foods better, like Cheerios.

I took Kennedy to have a haircut last week. I take her to the same lady who does my hair, Melissa. I have been going to her since I moved here. Kennedy loves having her hair cut. She always sits so still and she is so friendly to Melissa. Whenever she is finished having her hair cute Melissa gives her a lollipop. Kennedy has really pretty hair. I had Tristan with us this time and he was so good sitting in the stroller.
Here are some pictures of Kennedy at Little Gym from my previous post. She is a master at the "basket hang" and now loves the balance beam.


1 comment:

Lucy said...

What a fun blog you have. I love the recipe section. Very handy for someone like me.

your kids are big and adorable. Kennedy looks like she enjoys life to the fullest and Tristan seems to be giving it his best shot too. Glad to see pictures:)