Thursday, December 28, 2006

The Most Depressing Day

I think the day after Christmas must be one of the most depressing days of the year. I think this because it is a big let-down when I turn on my radio and there is no Christmas music playing. I had been listening to the Christmas station since November 1. It's like at midnight they say, "OK. Christmas is over, lets get on with life". It's not just the music but everything else too. Chris had to go back to work. I took all the decorations off our Crispmas tree (that wasn't a typo). We got it the day after Thanksgiving and it was about to loose it's last needle. It wouldn't have lasted another day. I love celebrating Christmas. Not just because it's fun to give and receive gifts but because it is a time to celebrate love. Christ is the best example of unconditional love and it seems we remember this best at Christmastime. My hope is to keep the spirit of Christmas all throughout the year!

No comments: