Friday, December 29, 2006

Mom's Day Off

Well, today the inevitable happened. It all started at 4:30 a.m. when Tristan woke up. I let him cry a little bit to see if he would go back to sleep. He did. Then I noticed it. . .a swirling, churning feeling in my stomach. I knew there was no mistaking it. With all the yuck I had been cleaning up the past few days it was bound to happen. I'm sick!
I lay awake until Chris's alarm went off at 5:30. I told him I felt sick. Tristan woke up around 6:00 so I nursed him. Just as Chris was walking in the door from his daily walk Tristan threw up all over me. I handed him to Chris so I could go change my clothes. Chris put Tristan back to bed and told me to go back to sleep. Peace for another hour.
At 7:15 Chris had to leave for work. He had done all he could for me. He fed Kennedy and took her to the bathroom. She was downstairs watching a movie. I could have slept longer but Tristan woke up. Time to face the day.
Chris left Kennedy with strict instructions to "take care of Mommy". I fed Tristan some breakfast and then put him down on the floor to play so I could rest on the couch. Kennedy tucked me in with all her doll blankets and Tristan's quilt and blanket. She is so sweet. I rested on the couch while the kids played. Around 9:00 Tristan crawled over to me to let me know he was ready for his morning nap. Cute boy!
I usually take a shower while Tristan takes his nap but I just rested today. The day continued with to progress on my GI upset. I don't know which is worse, feeling nauseous all day or actually getting rid of the problem!
I did my best to keep the kids happy with toys and movies the rest of the day while I rested. After lunch I put the kids to bed and went to bed myself. I had a good rest until Tristan woke up. Then I put him on the floor and took a shower.
By the time Chris got home the house was a disaster. Dirty dishes in the sink, toys on the floor in the dining room, living room and all the bedrooms. Not only that but Friday is my laundry day and even though I just did two loads on Wednesday there was more that needed to be done. My hero came bursting through the door at 5:00 and took over, never complaining that Mom took the day off.

2 comments:

Native Minnow said...

It was good to hear from you. Once I got your email I thought I'd stop by here and see what you've been up to lately. I'm sorry that things kind of suck for you right now. I hope that you had a good Christmas though.

-Derek

Lucy said...

Throwing up and trips to the bathroom do NOT constitue a "day off". Try again only this time, eat chocolate, quilt all day just for fun, and still leave the dishes in the sink and toys all over the floor.

Sorry you are so sick. Wish I could scoop up your kids for the day and give you the chance to sleep and recover.