Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Christmas Morning

We were awakened at 6:30 a.m. by our little alarm clock, Kennedy. We snuggled in bed for a few minutes and then Daddy convinced us all that we wanted to go downstairs and see what Santa brought. (Chris woke up at 6:00 and, I think, was ready to get going on the day but no one else was awake yet.) Chris went downstairs first to turn on the tree lights and ready the video camera. Kennedy and I followed. We let Tristan sleep since he had such a rough night (I wish someone would do that for me!)
Kennedy was really excited to see the art easel. After she explored that for a few minutes she wanted to see what was in her stocking. She found a Little Mermaid flashlight, some items to go along with her easel, some necessities (underwear, hair ties, etc.) and some goodies, including a book of Lifesavers (my grandma used to give me a book of Lifesavers every Christmas). Chris then took down his stocking and handed it to me (we had to use my stocking for Tristan since I wasn't on the ball enough to make him one). I had to laugh because I put Chris's gift inside there too but he didn't see it when he put in a gift certificate for me to a nail salon. Chris asked for a new comb for his stocking which was there too but the best part was the Duke basketball tickets I got for him.
Tristan was still asleep but we decided to open presents anyway. I think 90percent of the gifts under the tree were Kennedy's and we let her open the other 10 percent too. Chris also got me a nice jewelry box. I had mentioned to him in passing that I needed one. He bought me a nice pair of diamond earrings in October and I needed a place to store them and some other things.
Kennedy received a lot of gifts from relatives. Her favorite thing she got for Christmas besides the Little Mermaid flashlight, which, by the way, was a last minute gift from Santa, was a little disk player that her cousin Cami got for her. It's like a little Walkman but it's the same idea as the old Fisher Price record players with the plastic records. She has been playing that constantly for two days!
Tristan finally woke up so we brought him downstairs and showed him his stocking and gift from Santa (blocks) but he didn't care too much. He wanted to eat.
For breakfast this year I tried a new breakfast casserole. It was from the Lion House Christmas Cookbook and was called "Baked Apple French Toast with Caramel Sauce." It was pretty good but I don't know if I will make it again.

No comments: