Thursday, April 12, 2007

Signing Off

When we first moved to Orchard Oriole Lane we thought it was such a cool street name. It didn't take long for us to change our minds. We started making calls to connect our utilities and other calls associated with moving to a new address. It seems that from the other end of the line it sounds like we live on Orchard Oreo Lane! That has been a thorn in our sides ever since.

Tomorrow we sign on our new home and will begin moving. We have made many good memories in this home and it is the only home our children know. Here are some things I will miss about this house and our neighborhood:
  • The lake view
  • The wildlife-- blue heron, geese, ducks, bunnies, blue jays, cardinals, blue birds, etc. We have even seen beavers, deer, a bald eagle and a swan.
  • Neighbors with the same-age kids
  • Walking distance to a grocery store, Wendy's and blockbuster
  • Living near a good portion of the ward members
  • My neighbor Sheila (and Skeeter even though she is in Seattle for another year)
  • Close proximity to the mall
  • The neighborhood park and other close parks

We have had many people come to visit us in this house including my parents, Chris's parents, Chris's brothers, Kimball and Cameron, my niece Alyssa, the Johnsons, Derek, and many others.

Although we are very excited to move into our new home, we will miss this place. This is my last blog at this home address. Signing off. . . . .

2 comments:

Lucy said...

I can't wait for pictures of the new house! Congratulations and I hope your move goes smoothly. I hope you are paying somebody too. We don't need Chris to have any more back issues!

Alison said...

I hope everything went well. Let us know what your new address is.